Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Momentum: I'm getting some

For my lunch hour today, I went in search of places to get lunch.  I had a vague notion where I might be able to find some places so I headed off in that direction. I'm wearing my new Sketchers Shape Up Sandals and I love them.  They're super comfortable, and if they help my thighs and butt, well then, that's added value!  After walking in them at a brisk pace for half an hour, I started to feel a little soreness in my calves and thighs.

Maybe more than a little.

I kept going.  I started to get a little sweat happening.  I felt winded.  It was great! I walked in a big circle and then came back around to this mall type place where they have a food court with lots of options and what did I choose for my lunch?  A healthy salad?  A sandwich with some crisp veggies? 

I probably made the least healthy selection available.   Those darned Auntie Anne's people with their bewitching pretzel aromas!  I ended up wasting all my exercise points by chowing down on a cheese crusted pretzel dog.

Bad! Bad Bad!

Still, I walked.  I walked quite a bit and let me just tell you:  It's really hot outside. 

So I'm going to give myself a little credit for moving around during my free time.  Tomorrow is a special "Hot Dog Day" at my office, a fundraiser/morale improving social lunch event so I can't promise I'll get my walk, but I'll try to behave myself in the face of an array of baked goods.

No comments:

Post a Comment