Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Weigh In Wednesday #7

Weight Watchers started TODAY!!!! I left the meeting with an armful of materials, a new food calculator  thingee and a cookbook.  I weighed in at an appalling 293.4.  Kill me now. 

For some reason, WW makes a big deal over losing 10% of your body weight.  In order to achieve that 10% loss goal, I need to lose 30 pounds.  That's daunting.

Still, here we go, chugging down the track.

So how did I prepare for this new start? I spent the weekend really enjoying food.  Prince Charming and I went to our favorite Amish buffet restaurant over the weekend and then again on Monday to sort of purge our systems of bad eating.  I don't think I was like a raging glutton or anything but I ate food that I knew wasn't the healthiest choice. Sort of a last hurrah before getting serious.

It's kind of weird to think of it that way since the premise behind the Weight Watchers program is that you don't have to be deprived of your favorite foods.  If it's worth it to you to spend the necessary Points Plus (tm) to eat the food, then you can! And you can do it guilt free!

I bet a piece of fried chicken is like 24 points plus.  That's more than half my day's points!  I love me some fried chicken but I don't know if I love it that much!

Yikes. 


Weight Watchers has worked for me in the past, so I'm looking forward to it working for me now.  Prince Charming is loosely doing this with me too.  I don't know how committed he is but I know he really wants to lose weight for the wedding and the pictures and just for general health.  Perhaps my inevitable success will be inspirational for him and keep him on the straight and narrow path.  It's just tough for him to cut down on his manly meat consumption and focus on veggies and fruits.

The current WW program is a little different from what it was when I did it previously.  The biggest difference I see is that fruits are now zero points plus, for the most part. Fresh and frozen fruit are zero points but not, for example, the apples in apple pie.  The handling of the fruit affects its points plus value.

Oh, and now they're "points plus" not just "points."

I get a large amount of them to spend in a given week.  Because I have so much to lose, I start with 44 points plus per day.  That's a lot. Additionally, I get 49 weekly points that I can use for big indulgences (hello, fried chicken!) or spread them out over the week for a little extra food boost.  PLUS (and I sound like an informercial now) there's more!  I can trade exercise for even more points. Ten minutes of dancing
(working up a serious sweat) gets me an extra 4 points!  That's more than I need for a serving of my favorite
Snyder's Pretzel Snaps!

I'm excited and motivated!

No comments:

Post a Comment