Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Weigh-In Wednesday #6: the failure

Ugh!  So my Weigh-in Wednesdays have not been going as well as I'd hoped.  I have been walking and for the most part I'm eating well but things like summer carnivals have thrown me off; celebrations for birthdays and anniversaries; vacation.  I like food.  I’d call myself a Foodie.  I just need to be making better choices. 
The biggest problem, I think, that is keeping me from successfully losing the weight I need to lose, is eating out.  Fairly often I’ll decide I’m not making dinner after a day at work where there’s issues or when there’s a lot of traffic on the commute home.   Many nights I’ll have hungry faces staring at me because I forgot to thaw something to make for dinner and then it’s pizza or Chinese or going out to one of the hundreds of chain restaurants in our area.   A small, local place has an all-you-can-eat wing buffet on Monday nights where they serve a dozen differently sauced chicken wings and sometimes  Prince Charming and I will give in to the temptation.  Oooh!  And on Thursday nights they have shrimp night and it’s the best, large, clean peel-and-eat shrimp you ever had…
(Do you see what happened there?  I start getting all excited and boom! Three more pounds! ARRRGHHH!)
My office has a Weight Watchers meeting every Wednesday (convenient for my blogging, right???) and it runs on a 12-week cycle.  The new cycle starts in October, I think, and I’m going to suck it up and register.  I need the help and the support and the accountability to do this.  Apparently I can’t do it on my own and Weight Watchers has worked for me in the past.
When that starts up I will be writing about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment