Friday, April 6, 2012

Invitations from a Kit

I must have saved 100 images of gorgeous invitations that I spotted on the DIS boards and elsewhere around the net.  Incredible letterpress creations that evoked carnivals from years gone by, Disney Attractions and just incredible formality and gorgeousness.

When it became time for me to start thinking about OUR invitations it sort of hit me:  most of these are going to end up in the trash.  Some family and close friends might save theirs but really, most will end up in a landfill.  So I wanted to figure out how to do it cheaply.

In the meantime, here's some of the invites I really liked from the web:






That last one could totally have been ours!  

I knew that custom printing and letterpress were going to cost more than I wanted to spend and if I stuck to budget, I'd never get the look I wanted.

Then one day I was in Target and they had a kit.  It wasn't perfect, but I think I can work with it.  I've been working with it.  Our invitations are coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment